Friday, May 03, 2013

Stuck in a rut

I joined the Ward of Misfit Toys about two years ago.  I've made some great changes in my life since then, especially in the last 4 months.

On Easter, or Bishop gave a great talk in a combined Priesthood/Relief Society meeting.  In it, he talked about how many of us are stuck in a rut in our lives.

Already in 2013, I've started a new job, bought a car, and moved out of Salt Lake County for the first time in my life (except my mission).  Yet, his words still strike home.

Yes, I know that I'm in a dating rut.  Maybe I should just do the opposite of everything I've been doing (which isn't much -- but the job, car, and move are helping some of that), but something else needs to change.

Technically, I've moved out of my ward boundaries.  Then again, the isn't technically a Misfit Toys Ward to join in Davis County.  I have several options:

1) Stay in the ward I'm in now.  I mentioned to my Bishop at FHE that I've moved to Farmington.  His response? "I'll pretend I didn't hear that."  He then laughed when someone else said that I said I liked farming .. a ton.  I love my Bishop.  I also love the people in the ward.  Yet I feel like maybe they represent the "old" me, that I need to move on, and that I have served the Lord's purposes in being there.  I'd probably still attend activities, but we'll see.

2) Attend another Ward of Misfit Toys.  There is a ward that accepts Davis County residents.  However, I seem to have a stupor of thought when it comes to attending this ward.  I'll probably still check it out one of these weeks.

3) Attend the local family ward.  6 months ago, this was in no way an option for me.  However, this is a very distinct possibility -- there is a Davis County midsingles group that has a lot of activities, so I would still get some social aspects.  Plus, it means I don't have to drive to Salt Lake to church.

So, those are the options.  It is a matter of prayer and fasting.

In any case, I plan to update this blog much more often.

2 comments:

Syaiful isma said...

Ingin Liburan Ke Karimunjawa atau paket natal Karimunjawa , ingin Paket Tahun Baru Karimunjawa , ingin Paket Wisata Karimunjawa murah, Hubungi kami Tour Karimunjawa island +6285201391216 (Syaiful) PIN BB 30c9f29c. Ayo datang ke karimun jawa bersama keluarga, dengan mengikuti paket wisata karimunjawa yang termasuk biro wisata karimun jawa berpengalaman karena memberikan paket karimun jawa murah,anda sudah Bisa menikmati Wisata Karimunjawa di pulau Karimunjawa atau Karimunjawa island. lanjut bisa menghubungi www.tourkarimunjawaisland.com. Untuk mendapatkan pilihan paket Honeymoon Karimunjawa , paket Diving Karimunjawa , paket Hotel Nirvana karimunjawa , paket omah alchy karimunjawa dan Paket Murah karimunjawa , paket hotel karimunjawa, paket homestay karimunjawa, paket 2 hari 1 malam karimunjawa, paket 3 hari 2 malam karimunjawa, paket 4 hari 3 malam karimunjawa, paket 2 h 1 m karimunjawa, paket 3 h 2 m karimunjawa, paket 4 h 3 m karimunjawa , or paket karimunjawa 2 hari 1 malam, paket karimunjawa 3 hari 2 malam, paket karimunjawa 4 hari 3 malam, dan paket karimunjawa 2 h 1 m, paket karimunjawa 3 h 2 m, paket karimunjawa 4 h 3 m untuk Paket karimunjawa dan karimunjawa murah, hanya di karimunjawa tour by http://www.tourkarimunjawaisland.com/

Syaiful isma said...

untuk order kain tenun, maupun Tenun ikat. Dan ingin membeli kain tenun ikat, Tenun rangrang, atau kain tenun jepara, dan tenun troso, toko tenun jepara, tenun bali, tenun bima, tenun baron, tenun sutra, tenun jumputan, tenun troso, tenun bima, tenun endek, tenun terbaru, tenun misris, tenun murah, toko tenun, tenun murah, grosir tenun, kain troso, beserta kain tenun sutra, kain troso terbaru, kain tenun murah, Terbaik silahkan hubungi kami toko kain tenun , toko tenun , atau toko kain troso di tokokaintenunjepara.com
by http://www.tokokaintenunjepara.com/