Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Quoting Seinfeld in Sacrament Meeting

So, you're asked to give a Sacrament Meeting talk on Mother's Day in your Midsingles Ward, and the only topic you are given is to talk about something related to Mother's Day. So What do you speak on?

Finding the Mother of Your Future Children. Yep.

And, it was a classic. It started with a quote from National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation and then a few minutes later threw in a Spiderman reference. However, the part that took the cake was when he quoted the TV show Seinfeld.

I take that back. He didn't just read a quote from Seinfeld -- he recited part of a scene. What he quoted is this:



You may need to watch the whole scene to get it all, but it's pretty funny.

Anyway, I digress. I was going to make fun of this "Gospel according to Seinfeld" talk, but then I realized something.

"If every instinct you have is wrong, the opposite would have to be right."

I'm too much like "normal George." I need to be more like "opposite George."

Or, more specifically, Opposite Bob.

I'll let you know how it goes.

No comments: