Thursday, August 16, 2007

I think I've got a problem

I went on a date tonight. It was OK, but not great. Though, I think I'm the reason why it didn't go much better than OK.

I'm so very not enthused about dating in general that when I'm on a date I just can't get into it. I think I've also gotten into the habit of not making myself mentally available.

Somewhere I learned that showing interest is a bad thing. From that I transitioned to acting disinterested so as to not show too much interest. Now I'm becoming legitimately disinterested in the dating process even when I want to try going out with someone.

This all adds up to trouble, and I've got to do something about it.

If I don't change anything then Earnest (jack) in the importance of being earnest said it best, "Then a passionate celibacy is all that any of us can look forward to".

I'm going to try again. I'm also going to try my best to be a better date next time. Wish me luck...

No comments: